Friday, October 27, 2006

Day Three - The Power of the Pad

It's amazing what a little notepad in my pocket can do. Yesterday I got up, blogged, did my workout and got ready for work. As soon as I walked in the door at work there was a plate of fresh baked cookies someone had brought in for the office. Just a few days ago I would have taken one (more likely two or three) even though it was eight in the morning and I'm determined to stick to a diet. Yesterday I didn't take a cookie. There are also places around the building where people keep little baskets of candy and other food shows up on regular occasions. I confess I've gotten into the habit of grazing during the day when I'm bored at my desk. But for the past two days I haven't done any of that and I chalk it up to the power of the pad in my pocket. Since I've determined to keep a food journal and promised to report it here, I'm forced to think about every single thing I put in my mouth. Just knowing I'll have to pull out the little pad of paper and write "cookie" or "candy bar" has been enough of a deterrent that I've lost any interest in eating those things. I don't know how long this will last, but I'm enjoying the discipline of recording my food. Here's yesterday's list:

32 oz. water
12 oz. raw milk
1 slice buttered whole wheat toast

64 oz. water
29 small red seedless grapes
3 oz. portion of chicken breast

6 oz. can of tuna in water with 1 Tbsp. of Miracle Whip
14 corn tortilla chips with 2 Tbsp. of salsa
4 oz. of peach cider

32 oz. of water

meatloaf
1 cup cooked broccoli
12 oz. raw milk

32 oz. water

I'll be back again tomorrow for the update. Right now it's off to my workout.

No comments: