Saturday, October 28, 2006

Day Four - The Weekend

Keeping routines on the weekend is a bit more of a challenge. I don't have to go to work and I get to sleep in a little. I usually find plenty to keep me busy. Today I'm spending time with my sponsor doing some fourth step work. Overall I'm pleased with my start on this new plan, but aware that the weekend can serve as a disruption if I'm not careful. I've come to realize that disruptions to my schedule are a challenge to my recovery. It's important to work on my attitude toward the weekend because it's not really a true disruption since weekends typically happen on a weekly basis! So, I'm going to keep my food journal straight through. I am going to take a one day break from my workout because I believe that's healthy. As for eating, here's how yesterday went:

32 oz. water
1 slice buttered whole wheat toast
12 oz. raw milk

35 small red seedless grapes
64 oz. water

meatloaf
3/4 cup of bbq baked beans
4 oz. peach cider

32 oz. water

chicken fried rice
12 small red seedless grapes
12 oz. raw milk

popcorn (1/4 cup unpopped) with butter and salt
32 oz. water

I should share my awareness that Halloween is fast approaching. That means there will be tons of candy and a potluck luncheon at work. I'm planning ahead so as not to be caught off guard that day.

No comments: