Sunday, October 29, 2006

Day Five - Disappointment

Yesterday was my weekly weigh-in and I won't pretend that I wasn't disappointed. After several days of an increased workout and very disciplined eating the scale had not changed over last week. However, it's not total disappointment because I have a scale that is also a body fat analyzer and according to that I dropped one percentage point of body fat. I've been steady at 37% forever and yesterday it read 36%. That's a drop of 2.56 pounds of fat that's been replaced by muscle. I'll take that, but I still want to lose overall weight. I'm not discouraged, just disappointed. The difference is that, being discouraged has often led me, in the past, to giving up completely. Disappointment will drive me to look for other changes I can make. It's important to stick with something longer than I have before deciding it's not working. If there is no change after next week's weigh-in and I've followed the regimen for the whole week, then I'll need to readjust something in my plan. I did relax a little in the eating yesterday in that I had a little treat at the end of the day. You'll see it on the list. It is the weekend.

Weekly weigh-in results:
Weight - 268.5
Body Fat - 36%

Day Four Food Journal:
12 oz. raw milk
1 slice buttered whole wheat toast
bowl of oatmeal with raisins and brown sugar

32 oz. water

1 cup bbq baked beans
bbq potato chips

bbq potato chips
23 small seedless red grapes
32 oz. water

4 slices frozen pizza (Red Baron Supreme)
chocolate milkshake

No comments: