Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Sick and Struggling

Getting sick is the worst! It's not even like I'm terribly sick. It's just some congestion in my chest and a general achey feeling. But being sick seems to weaken my resolve in other areas. I find I'm really struggling lately with the whole compulsive overeating thing. For me being sick leads to a desire for "comfort food". What's comforting about overeating and eating the wrong things and putting on weight is beyond me. It's not comforting at all. Of all my addictive struggles the struggle with food is the absolute worst...for me, anyway. In my opinion this is because you can't stop eating. I suppose I could stop eating and that would solve all sorts of problems in about two to three weeks! That's not the kind of solution I'm interested in.

Anyway, no great pearls of insight or wisdom today. Just me being sick and feeling a bit sorry for myself because I can't seem to get my head around this food addiction thing. One day at a time...

No comments: