Friday, November 03, 2006

Day Ten - Double Digits

One day at a time adds up. As I've shared here, it's a struggle for me to live one day at a time. My mind races ahead to the next day, the next big event, a time when I'll be 80 pounds lighter. The irony is, by racing ahead my ability to actually achieve my goals is damaged. In a recovery meeting this week I likened it to learning to write with your opposite hand. Even writing my name that way takes much thought and concentration. To write with my dominate hand is automatic. I don't even think about it. Learning to live in, and enjoy, the moment is an exercise in focused concentration that takes a fair amount of mental energy. The good thing about the process, however, is that the day will come where the new thinking will become automatic. If I were to practice writing my name with my opposite hand every day, eventually that would become effortless, too. I'm excited about right now and thankful that I've come this far. I'm learning how to let that be enough. Here's yesterday...

32 oz. water
1 slice buttered whole wheat toast
12 oz. raw milk

1 small pear
64 oz. water

6 oz. tuna with Tbsp. Miracle Whip
2 slices whole wheat bread
1/2 cup organic yogurt
1/2 cup homemade granola

64 oz. water
1 Tbsp. homemade granola
1 medium apple
15 pretzel twists

6 oz. chicken breast
vermicelli/rice mix
corn
12 oz. milk

12 oz. peach cider

No comments: